Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Classification: Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week
Purpose of the Position
The Administrative Assistant serves to support the NHDI Directors and the NHDI Board in their roles, providing services to the community, meeting operational directives and fulfilling the NHDI mission.
Strong organizational and operational administrative skills are essential combined with a passion for the performing arts and youth education, exercise and health. Functional software skills (Microsoft Office, Quickbooks) are required with experience using the Internet and web site updating programs strongly preferred. Competent mathematical and literacy skills are required with at least 3-5 years of formal secretarial or administrative experience preferred. A high school diploma is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
The successful applicant will:
- Perform general office/administrative tasks as assigned by the Executive Director with reasonably flexible hours to support program objectives for the Year-Long, Residency and Summer programs within NHDI.
- Using Quickbooks extensively, perform all general bookkeeping tasks and coordinate with payroll provider to ensure all employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner and record payroll. Monitor and take action on accounts receivables, including accurate recording and depositing of all incoming revenue. Generate invoices as necessary.
- Support the Executive Director to produce succinct, professional and well-organized materials for public distribution, staff and Board review. These include updating the NHDI web site and generating written reports, public relations information, marketing materials, financial statements and email correspondence.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the NHDI Directors, staff, volunteers and community members as needed to guarantee successful student experiences and a fiscally stable operation.
Core NHDI Employee Requirements
- Believes in and supports a culture that reflects NHDI’s mission, vision and core values
- Strives for excellence in this job with a “Can Do” attitude
- Works collaboratively with people of all backgrounds and ages
- Demonstrates organization along with a detail-oriented and results driven attitude
- Responds to inquiries from coworkers and customers in a timely fashion
- Prioritizes workload and multi-tasks to meet priorities
- Supports teamwork and collaboration by demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- Communicates effectively through clear speaking and writing as well as effective listening
- Behaves respectfully, ethically and with personal integrity
- Operates in a fiscally responsible manner
- Demonstrates adaptability through a willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Presents a professional appearance and telephone manner
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, or physical or mental handicap or disability.